Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Shoes again!

Recently I painted a pair of canvas shoes for Shoe Bank Canada's fund-raiser My Canvas Has Laces. You can read the final part of the series, and see the shoes, here. My shoes raised $1100!

A few years ago I had purchased a pair of second hand, leather shoes that I loved because they were half black and half white. (What's not to love!) Unfortunately, the white halves were scuffed. Of course, I thought "I can fix that!" and started tangling them. Then things happened and the project got back-burnered. The recent canvas shoe project got me enthused again.
Gray scuff marks on the white half of one shoe.
Here are the shoes with all the tangling done (finally). I was going to add shading but then I realized it would darken the white even more and I didn't want to do that. Soooo... they're done!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! That high contrast on the tangling side really pairs well (pun intended) with the black side :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your tangling, Margaret!! And am envious of your "vision". I would have seen the shoes, just and only as they were, and thought, "Meh ..." But you have turned them into gorgeous wearable feet-art! :D

    ReplyDelete